Sunday, October 23, 2016

Clothespin Picture Frame

I bought this old window frame from a contractor in Fredericksburg, Texas. The glass had already been broken so I just used a staple gun to attach the twine to the back. Then I bought some cute clothespins from Hobby Lobby and attached the photos. Super cute! I've made a few of these now for weddings and home decor for friends. 

Friday, October 21, 2016

Wooden Pumpkins

It's FALL!!! I love fall!! It's so festive and the weather is gorgeous! I bought the cheapest 2x4 wood I could find at Lowe's and cut it into 3 different sizes (4 inches, 6 inches, 7.5 inches). I spray painted them white as a primer, so the wood grain wouldn't show through as much. I guess you could just spray paint them orange, but I didn't think of that at the time. I then painted them with orange acrylic paint (I think it was like $3 at Walmart). Once the paint had dried, I added the little sticks to the top using wood glue. I found a branch on the side of the road and just cut it into little pieces. I then used twine to make little bows, super cute!! 

Wednesday, October 19, 2016


I am LOVING my Cricut!! I used my Cricut to create the design and cut it out on Freezer Paper. I then ironed the Freezer Paper stencil onto the pillowcase. Next, I inserted a paper bag inside the pillowcase. You can use anything that will stop the paint from bleeding through to the back of the pillowcase. I then painted the pillowcase using fabric paint and a foam brush. I immediately removed the Freezer Paper stencil from the pillowcase. If you leave the Freezer Paper on the pillowcase for too long, it's hard to remove and the paint is more likely to bleed through. I can't wait to make one of these for every holiday!